Friday, July 30, 2010

Learning Java Syntax

I've found that one of the best ways to learn the syntax of a programming language is by writing short methods (a.k.a., functions).  These methods usually do much of nothing, but then again, the point is to learn the language, not write the next best [insert fancy program here] to compete with [insert very large company]'s latest product release.

Anyway, to this end, I would highly recommend checking out CodingBat.  This site has tons of little programming tasks in both Java and Python, and covers topics like Strings, arrays, logic, and recursion.  Back when I was programming in MatLab but making a shift to Java, the CodingBat programming problems helped to solidify my Java syntax knowledge more quickly than I've experienced from any ordinary tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid the use of profanity and be as helpful as you can!